Last week we held our first Employment Recognition Breakfast since 2019, which honors and celebrates employers that ACLD partners with in the community and the individuals supported in the Vocational Program.
This year, the Thomas Choma Longevity Award was given to the following people for their many years of employment:
- Alan Alexander at ACLD Finance and Human Resources Department
- Liz Appel at The Kramer Learning Center
- George Hamlin at Target
- Karen Hofmann at The Home Depot
- Fred Spiegel at Aramark at LIU Post
The video below was played at the breakfast and highlights these five amazing men and women.
- Vocational Achivement: John Czarniecki at Holiday Farms
- PACE Award: Michael Garing at the Town of Oyster Bay Sanitation Department
- Front Line Worker: Amanda Gliptis at Costello’s Ace Hardware of Island Park
- Employer of the Year: Racanelli Construction Inc.
- Advocate of the Year: Jayson Drucker at The Home Depot
- Business Leadership: Costello’s Ace Hardware of Island Park